Rockingham Forest Trust is an independent charity which receives only a small proportion of its income from local grants. The rest comes from trading through the social enterprise at Stanwick Lakes, and from fundraising campaigns. Donations are a vital source of funds.
Currently you can give…
- By posting a cheque made payable to ‘Rockingham Forest Trust’ to Rockingham Forest Trust, Stanwick Lakes, Stanwick, Northamptonshire, NN9 6GY.
- Alternatively, you can come to Reception in the Visitor Centre at Stanwick Lakes where we have a donation box, or you can give it to a member of staff.
A donation from you today of:-
- £10 will buy food to feed a hive of bees for part of the winter
- £50 will run a pond dipping or environmental arts session for groups of adults with learning difficulties
- £100 will buy tools for volunteers and rangers to use in laying hedges at Stanwick Lakes or for repairing fences following flood damage, or to run a heritage session at a school
We will use your donations to help us:-
- involve more disadvantaged groups wanting to improve their well-being
- educate more people about wildlife and local heritage
- inspire everyone we work with to care for the environment
- improve the facilities and habitats at the sites we manage
Here’s what some of those who have benefited have to say about the Trust:
Environmental Education Quotes
“Dear Rangers, I really liked when we got to make a story stick. Thank you for inviting me to Stanwick Lakes.
Chloe, Priory Infant School.“
“Dear Rangers, fanks for looking after us – what birds don’t you get! That was the best day ever. Even thow it was raining.
Kieron, Priory Infant School.“
Heritage Education Quotes
“THANK YOU SO MUCH! It was such a wonderful day. The children were so excited about all they learnt and please thank all your wonderful providers – they explained everything so well and were such delightful addition to the school staff for the day. All the children and parents are talking about it this morning and I am sure it will be the highlight of their year. Please thank everyone who was involved – it was fabulous. Many thanks.
Catriona Eckland, Head Teacher at Badby School, after Rockingham Forest Trust provided a day with charcoal burning, bodging, blacksmithing and baking bread by hand when all 100 children at the school took part.“
Disadvantaged Groups Quotes
“Just to say thank you for yesterday, our clients absolutely loved the activity of the day.” Dawn Wright, Services Manager East Northants Headway.
After Rockingham Forest Trust provided a tailor made session of bird feeder building, following a walk, for a group from Headway, The Brain Injury Association.“
Health Walkers Quotes
“I do health walks for fun and exercise. The company and the nature around the lake was beautiful.“
“The company after is great and it’s nice to be encouraged by Jane. This makes me do at least one walk regularly. We walk rain or shine all year.“